Tuesday, March 11, 2014

NSW Government forces Origin to spread anti-carbon price propaganda

NSW Government forces Origin to spread anti-carbon price propaganda

 click on the above link to read the full article


NSW Government forces Origin to spread anti-carbon price propaganda

Last week, Origin Energy made the mistake of sending some propaganda to IA reporter Lachlan Barker who uncovers a sneaky Coalition power bill con.
On Friday last week, the power bill for the property where I used to live arrived.
The property is shared by seven people and I do the sums to work out who owes what.
So I opened up the bill to begin my calcs when this appalling piece of coal burners’ propaganda caught my eye.







I refer to that red outlined square in the graphic — top right.



Even from my first take, I was sure that the amount, $332, was high, secondly it appeared clear to me that Origin Energy were printing Coalition propaganda.
This was particularly disturbing, as Origin Energy has 4.3 million customers and so this propaganda was going to a greater audience than some commercial TV networks.
To compare, Australia's top rating show is a piece of reality TV garbage, with an audience of 1.5 million viewers.
So I set to and did some mildly complicated maths on my own that confirmed my initial gut feeling this was a high figure.
But I decided to get a more expert opinion, so I contacted Associate Professor Mark Diesendorf, the deputy director of the Institute of Environmental Studies at the University of New South Wales.
Mark has recently released a book called Greenhouse Solutions With Sustainable Energy.
Within it, he shows that we are ready to go now, today, with sustainable clean energy to achieve baseload power.
So, here was a man who knew about this subject.
In my initial email, I referred to an

… outrageous piece of marketing that appears on everyone's power bill.’

Dr Diesendorf’s reply opens with:





‘Hi Lachlan, Yes, it is outrageous propaganda against climate action and it's a gross over-estimate.’


No comments:

Post a Comment