Saturday, March 22, 2014

Letter to Jacqueline Maley

Letter to Jacqueline Maley





Letter to Jacqueline Maley

letterThis letter is written by Cath Fisher (@astrakate) in response to Jacqueline Maley’s article – March in March: Two sides to the story we didn’t run – and is published here with Cath’s permission:


“It is strange that people who despise the MSM so much are so angry at being ignored by it”


No, Jacqueline Maley you are
wrong. We do not “despise” the MSM. We miss it. We miss being able to
switch on the telly or open a newspaper or tune into the radio and know
that the news broadcast will tell us WHAT  ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

We miss knowing that there
were some sources  better than others but that basically all of them
would report the news, some in a more formal fashion but nonetheless,
report what had occurred so that those of us who were not there would be
informed about what had happened in our absence.

I attended #MarchInMarch. I
SAW the huge (well behaved) crowds and I saw the placards. I saw some
which offended me somewhat and I saw hundreds that I appreciated, agreed
with, wished I’d thought of…

I listened to some inspiring speeches (and a few that rambled on a bit too long as well).

Just as our Senator Scott
Ludlam “Wants Our Country Back” I want our  MSM back. I want Rupert out
of the picture. I want our MSM to have the  guts to speak instead of
cowering in a corner then lashing out and  claiming that the left
“despises” them because we can no longer trust  the MSM or turn to the
MSM for proper, fair, fearless reporting.

We don’t “despise” you
Jacqueline Maley. We don’t trust you. We don’t  believe you and we know
you don’t put our interests first. You and your colleagues in the MSM
need to have the guts to REPORT.

Then you’ll earn our respect.

By Cath Fisher

@astrakate

No comments:

Post a Comment